Tuesday 28 February 2012

Research Double Page Spread

I found it difficult to find magazine double page spreads that fitted into my type of magazine. So I decided to look at the general layout of different magazines. This would give me a variety of ideas that I could use to ifluence the work I produce.
In this double page spread the photograph used is to the left hand side, and the writing to the right. This seems a conventional layout for a doubel page spread. I particularly like how the USA is the biggest title and the subtitle overlays this. All of the colours are kept plain and simple, too many colours may mean that the page becomes too busy.
 In comparison to the previous double page spread, this one appears to be more blocky and bold, through the title and layout of the different photographs. This gives a very neat and professional finish, again the layout of writing and photographs is similar.
 Unlike the previous two magazine double page spreads, this particular layout has the photograph as a banner across the top of the page with the writing underneath. From what the model is wearing to the title, font and background the main colours of blue, white and black have been stuck too. I like how the conventional layout of a double page spread has been challenged, I think that within my work I would like to produce something different that also fits my style of magazine.
The photograph on this double page spread has been used for the entire background of the page. I like the way this works, as colours have been picked out from the photograph to use for the title and font.