Monday 16 January 2012

Making of Rough Music Magazine Front Cover Continued

Following this I took my photograph into Adobe InDesign to create my front cover.
After placing the photograph I decided to add the font I had chosen, however, I have changed the colour. Making the font the same red as the lips, using the colour picker and having the outer glow of black.










Here is a short video clip of different components I had to experiment with when making my front cover.
My next step was to add a tag line, something to capture the readers attention, I had found this was used by magazines quite often and I decided to match it with the colours I am using but using a different font.
I then added another common feature, a circle with text in, usually advertising a competition. Here I introduce a 3rd colour to give the front cover more diversity. I also changed the angle at which part of the text stood to give it emphasis.
I then decided to change the angle at which the circle object sat.










When adding the text to the front cover I had to think about the type of music and bands that would appeal to my target audience. Here is a youtube video of one of the bands I chose.

I then started to add other magazine conventions, the text describing what was in the issue. I also created my own barcode to put on the front of the magazine, in another InDesign document copying it over. I also added a similar picture to the one I will be using in my double page spread, to show what is inside the magazine.




Resulting in my final rough magazine design. I will need to go back and tweek elements.