Monday 16 January 2012

Making of Rough Music Magazine Front Cover

To get to my final front cover I had to go through various stages and trials and errors. Finding out what worked and what didn't, constantly referring to my research as I went a long.
Once I had chosen the picture that best fitted the layout I had chosen for my front cover I decided to take it into Adobe Photoshop to edit it. The first thing I did was to eliminate any shadows caused by the lighting with the clone tool. I also used this to make colours more full and bright.






As I was still unhappy with how flat the model appeared I decided to look at the tone and contrast of the photograph. Then finally deciding to experiment with a black and white effect to create a more vintage style.







However, I felt I needed a focal point, something to stand out, so created a new layer and copied and pasted the red lips of my model onto this. Then applied the black and white effect, changing the hue and saturation of this. Then finally revealing the red lips as the top layer.









This is the photograph I ended up with to use on my front cover.