Friday 25 November 2011

Research into Black and White Magazine Front Cover

After thinking about who I was going to photograph I also thought about the type of music magazine it would be, I have decided to look at a more vintage style, maybe experimenting with black and white. I have found a few magazines with a black and white front cover.
They have either used complete black and white or used black and white with coloured font and surroundings, this may prove a good effect for my magazine. I have decided to look at modern indie folk music and work around this.

I looked at this magazine front cover as, they have experimented with the black and white photograph with the text and colours surrounding it. I like how this has worked, but still find it to be a bit plain.















I have looked at this magazine front cover as it has the type of genre of music on the front, and there has been black and white with colours used again. There is also a more of exciting look as the models are over the title, giving a more 3D look.













Another use of a black and white image with a coloured background with black text, the coloured background brightens this front cover and gives it a differnt look to most conventional magazines.